Friday 3 May 2013

Har mausam aam or the Aamsutra?

Courtesy: pinkvilla.com / careermasti.com

I happened to see the new Maaza ad recently. In my opinion they are doing a great job with the Har mausam love, har mausam aam concept. As far as I am concerned, mangoes are a much awaited fruit. So, yes the idea that you can taste them regardless of the season is an amazing thought. The advertisement, in my opinion, has humor, punch and love. I remember seeing it and having been slightly disappointed that it was a tad bit late to go get a Maaza (The temperature in the room did contribute…). I believe Imraan and Parineeti have done a good job too. The ad helps keep the sanity and cheer of the fruit. It does justice to engrave the product in our mind for all the right reasons. I don't know if it strikes a chord here. But, mangoes do always bring a gush of childhood memories. Summer vacations, around the mango tree with cousins, etc.. There is a lot of innocence to it which is why probably I’d like it to remain that way.


On the other hand, I really fail to understand giving a mango drink shades of sex. Yes I am talking of the Slice ad. Raseele aam?!? Not quite in sync with my thoughts. In one of the famous Katrina ads, they show her sneaking out into the mango groves – synonymous to having an affair or an unwarranted date. Having Slice in a candlelit room? Sensuous movements to promote a mango drink? Goodness gracious me! To me, that seems like storing butter in the wardrobe - totally out of place. To think about it, I definitely wouldn't blame any actress for taking up the commercial - a brand endorsement that definitely does more good for her than the product.

Honestly, subconsciously or not, I do prefer a Maaza to a Slice. How about you?


0 comments:

Post a Comment